Don started his career as an investor, inventing and bringing to worldwide markets many famous toys, water guns, licensed products including the first Nintendo third party software brands like NFL football, NBA basketball, and many others, and creating new toy categories selling over a billion dollars of products.
In 1985 his company was sold to MCA/Universal. He was executive VP for six years, and then started Natural Kids Foods, using his licensing knowledge to brand his juices with Ninja Turtles, Barbie, WWF, Nintendo, etc. NKF soon became a dominant kids beverage company, and was sold to Citrus World in Florida.
Don then partnered with the Walt Disney company and got the exclusive rights to design, develop and sell the Disney branded fast moving consumer products for 10 years. He did the largest deals in Disney consumer products history. Don sold his designs for turn key categories to Coca Cola, Kellog’s, Mars and Wells Blue Bunny, totaling several billion dollars of retail sales.
- Executive Vice President Familian Pipe & Supply Co. – 1978-1989 Largest distributor of plumbing supplies in the 11 western states plus Hawaii
- Iguana Bay Tropical Iced Teas – 1990-1992
- Express Pipe & Supply Co. – 1993-2012 Largest independent plumbing wholesaler in Southern California
- Commercial Real Estate investor – 1980-current
- Dale started of his career in his family’s business, manufacturing high-end custom commercial stainless steel kitchen equipment, Besides running the innovation think tank, Dale held the position of VP & Director of Sales & Marketing and was responsible for hotel and restaurant chains worldwide. He also specialized in working with celebrity chefs and food service restaurateurs developing custom kitchen systems to meet their specialty needs.
- Dale founded Alfresco grills in 2000 and pioneered what is now described as, “the outdoor kitchen”. Here he leveraged his commercial design experience in restaurant kitchens by developing the most comprehensive line of restaurant inspired outdoor appliances available today. Prior to that, in 1986, he started Bar Equipment Corporation of America (BECA) where in addition to manufacturing commercial restaurant equipment solutions, he launched LYNX Residential Gourmet Grills.
- Dale has been featured on the E Channel, Modern Living with Kathy Ireland and the Wall Street Journal to name a few.
In 1980 Jerry co-founded two counter seasonal action sport companies Ski Tote USA, a snow ski and snowboard accessory company and Freestyle USA, a velcro wallet and sport watch company. Jerry’s major focus while running these companies was product development, product design, production and quality control. Both companies had distribution of products throughout the United States as well as in thirteen foreign countries. Subsequently, Ski Tote USA was sold in 1995 and Freestyle USA was sold in the year 2000.
Additionally in 1985 Jerry co-founded Rip N Grip Industries, Inc., which imported and distributed velcro type materials throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Jerry and his brother Mark built up this business and in 2004 they sold it to Paiho NA, the largest publicly traded Chinese manufacturer of velcro type products.
- Entertainment Industry Strategist
- Groundbreaking media executive and business model innovator. Creator of industry-leading retail and online concepts expanding partnerships and revenue generation for media brands
- Founder of Warner Bros. Consumer Products and the Warner Bros. Studio Stores.
- Over his 25 year tenure Warner Bros. brands including Batman, Superman, Looney Tunes, Space Jam, Scooby Doo, Hanna Barbera and Harry Potter did over 100 billion dollars at retail worldwide.
- Owner/Principal of Woodward Creative Group – design and marketing specialists
- Designer/Brand Developer
- 30 years experience in branding, product design and development, package design and environmental design
- Clients include Disney, Mattel, Saban Entertainment.
Roger joined Brentwood in 2004 as an Operating Partner, having previously serve as an Operating Advisor and portfolio company Director since 2002
Prior to joining Brentwood, Roger was Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Montgomery Ward. He was recruited from Toys R Us, where he was President of the U.S. Toy Stores and Executive Vice President of the Toys R Us Corporation, having joined Toys R Us in 1989 as Executive Vice President and Chief Merchandising Officer. Prior to Toys R Us, Roger spent nine years with Target, where he held several different senior management positions, including Senior Vice President and General Merchandise Manager from 1985 through 1988. Roger began his retail career in 1970 and spent 10 years with R. H. Macy & Co. and Federated Department Stores. Roger attended Adrian College and the University of Toledo and later completed The Executive Development Program at Harvard Business School.
VP Partnerships & Fleet Sales
Global Sales Manager
Customer Service and Shipping Manager
VP of Operations
VP of Engineering and Product Development