OjO Electric, LLC, provides the following limited product and performance warranties (the “Warranty”) to each OjO (“Scooter”) owner when purchased directly from OjO Electric, LLC, or an authorized retailer, that the Scooter is complete and the functional parts will be free of defects for the periods and under the terms indicated below.
- This Warranty begins on the first day you, as a retail purchaser, take possession, or register your Scooter (whichever is earlier). The Warranty period is for two (2) years.
- Parts repaired or replaced under this Warranty are covered only until the Warranty period ends, or as otherwise provided by applicable law. (The Warranty cannot be transferred to another owner or scooter)
- In order to obtain Warranty service, call 1-877- 557-1053, or take your Scooter (at your discretion) to an authorized OjO retailer/ service center. An OjO Service Technician will determine if you have an issue that is covered by the Warranty. Go to ojoelectric.com for further information. We request that you have your OjO Scooter serviced at an OjO Service Center. If you decide to maintain it yourself, or have it maintained/ serviced by an independent repair facility, we require that you use genuine OjO parts. Be aware, however, that service performed independently from OjO may result in the voidance of the Warranty Maintenance Exclusion.
Regular maintenance is not included with your OjO purchase. These expenses are the customer’s responsibility.
Genuine OjO Replacement Parts
Warranty repairs are to be performed by OjO service centers who use only genuine OjO parts.
The Warranty covers the repair or replacement, at OjO’s option, of any part that is defective in material or factory workmanship under normal use for the applicable Warranty period. Regular required maintenance or replacement of expendable maintenance items are not covered by the Warranty.
- The batteries on the OjO Scooter are warrantied for two (2) years. The terms of this battery warranty are set forth in this Section.
- If your battery requires Warranty service, OjO Electric, LLC will (at its sole discretion) repair the battery, or replace it with a factory-reconditioned battery that has an energy capacity equal to, or better than, that of the original battery when the failure occurred. This is based on a prorated basis. Due to the battery chemistry, there is a normal, expected reduction in range/capacity that battery packs can yield over time and usage. Depending on use and storage conditions, battery capacity (and resultant range) will diminish during the duration of this Warranty period.
What your Scooter and Battery Warranties do not Cover
The following are not included as part of the Warranty:
- Official OjO Accessories, tires and brake pads.
- The cost of parts and labor involved in any routine care and maintenance and/or the replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear, use, or deterioration, including but not limited to: tires, brake pads and rotors, grips and the seat seating surfaces.
- Any cosmetic concerns that arise as a result of accidents, environmental conditions (including acid rain, volcanic ash, sea salt, bird droppings, hail and/or UV exposure), owner misuse, overloading, use as a tow vehicle, lack of routine care and maintenance, and/or other improper use.
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by after-market accessories installed on a OjO scooter by someone other than an authorized OjO service center.
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by any modification of the Scooter or the improper repair or installation of any parts not sold or approved by OjO Electric, LLC.
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by fire, collision, accident, or improper storage.
As the owner of a Scooter covered by this Warranty, it is your responsibility to read, understand and comply with the Owner’s Manual, this Warranty, and all product warnings before operating your OjO Scooter. Serious injury or death can result from improper operation or failure to observe warnings and safety instructions on any OjO scooter.
Voiding the warranty
- The Warranty will be voided with avoidable, continued operation of the OjO Scooter after an error code appears indicating a mechanical or operational problem.
- OjO Scooters severely damaged or declared to be a total loss will not be covered under this Warranty.
- Exposing the Scooter or battery to ambient temperatures above 120°F (49°C) or below -22°F (-30°C) for more than 24 hours at a time will void the Warranty.
- Subjecting the OjO Scooter to flood water, windstorms, hailstorms or other similar occurrences will void the Warranty.
- Immersion of the OjO Scooter in any liquid medium will void the Warranty.
- Attempting to alter the programming of any OjO electronic system will void the Warranty.
Warranty Voidance Specific to the Batteries
In addition to the actions set forth above which will void the Warranty, the battery warranty will be voided in the event the following actions occur:
- Damage resulting from intentional abuse, a collision or accident, or opening of the battery case will void the Warranty.
- Exposing the battery to direct flame or the immersion of the battery in any liquid medium will void the Warranty.
- Dropping the battery onto hard surfaces, sufficient to crack the outer casing will void the Warranty. If you drop the battery and the outer casing does not crack, you should contact OjO to have the battery inspected.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR, SHIPPING DAMAGE, UNAUTHORIZED ALTERATIONS, MODIFICATIONS, ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE AND DAMAGE FROM MISUSE OR NEGLECT. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND THE LIMITED PRODUCT AND PERFORMANCE WARRANTIES INCLUDED ABOVE, THE FOREGOING REMEDIES STATE OJO ELECTRIC, LLC’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE OBLIGATION AND CUSTOMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR A BREACH OF THE FORE- GOING LIMITED WARRANTIES. THE LIMITED WARRANTIES SET FORTH HEREIN ARE IN LIEU OF AND EXCLUDE ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR APPLICATION AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OR OBLIGATIONS ON THE PART OF OJO ELECTRIC, LLC. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR PROHIBIT DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY, SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT SUCH LIMITATIONS OR PROHIBITIONS APPLY.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, OJO ELECTRIC, LLC HEREBY DISCLAIMS, AND SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, DAMAGE OR INJURY TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY OR FOR OTHER LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SCOOTER OR ANY OF OJO ELECTRIC, LLC’S OTHER PRODUCTS OR THEIR USE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL OJO ELECTRIC, LLC BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER, OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH OR UNDER CUSTOMER, FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, OR EQUIPMENT DOWNTIME, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, HOWSOEVER ARISING, RELATED TO THE OJO OR ANY OF OJO ELECTRIC, LLC’S OTHER PRODUCTS, EVEN IF OJO ELECTRIC, LLC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, OJO ELECTRIC LLC’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY, IF ANY, IN DAMAGES OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID TO OJO ELECTRIC, LLC BY CUSTOMER FOR THE SCOOTER AND OTHER PRODUCTS. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS ON LIABILI-
TY ARE AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES AND THAT IN THE ABSENCE OF SUCH LIMITATIONS THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE OJO AND OTHER PRODUCTS WOULD BE SUBSTANTIALLY DIFFERENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY LIMIT OR PROHIBIT THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT SUCH LIMITATIONS OR PROHIBITIONS APPLY.
Governing Law and Arbitration
This Warranty shall be interpreted under, and governed by, the laws of the State of California, without regard to the conflict of laws principles. Either OJO ELECTRIC, LLC or Customer may elect to have any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or related to the Scooter or use of the Scooter or arising out of or related to this Warranty, including any alleged breach hereof, or any matter governed by this Warranty (collectively, a “Dispute”) resolved through binding arbitration by providing prompt written notice of such election to the other. Upon such election, all such Disputes will be settled exclusively by arbitration with a single arbitrator
in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (the “Rules”). The arbitration hearing shall take place in Santa Monica, CA. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator will have the power to render equitable relief as well as monetary damages but shall not have the power to award consequential, punitive, exemplary damages or any other form of relief precluded under the provisions of this Warranty. The arbitrator will have the power to award reasonable fees and expenses in accordance with the Rules.
CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT, IF EITHER CUSTOMER OR OJO ELECTRIC, LLC ELECTS TO ARBITRATE A DISPUTE OR CLAIM, THIS ARBITRATION SECTION PRECLUDES CUSTOMER AND OJO ELECTRIC, LLC FROM HAVING A RIGHT OR OPPORTUNITY TO LITIGATE DISPUTES OR CLAIMS THROUGH A COURT, TO BRING A CLAIM AS A PURPORTED CLASS ACTION, OR TO PARTIC- IPATE OR BE REPRESENTED IN LITIGATION FILED IN COURT BY OTHERS. ALL DISPUTES AND CLAIMS MUST BE RESOLVED AS AN INDIVIDUAL ACTION, NOT AS A CLASS ACTION, THROUGH ARBITRATION IF CUSTOMER OR OJO ELECTRIC, LLC TO ARBITRATE.
Subject to the arbitration provisions above, Customer irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of the Courts of the State of California and the United States District Court of Western Division of California in any Dispute, and hereby irrevocably agrees that all claims in respect of such Dispute may be heard and determined in such state or federal court. Customer agrees that regardless of any statute of law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action Customer may have that arises out of or is related to this Warranty, the OJO or to OJO ELECTRIC, LLC must be led within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose. If Customer fails to timely le such claim or cause of action, Customer shall be forever barred from bringing such claim or action against OJO ELECTRIC, LLC.
Patent Pending and Trademark Notifications
Patented HyperGear™ Rear Hub Motor
Patent Pending Ergonomic Geometric Design
Patent Pending On-Board Charger with Retractable Cord and Plug
Patent Pending Removable Seat Assembly